Midea is committed to becoming a leader in scientific and technological innovation in the home appliances industry.
Never forgetting the principle of "consumer-first technology". Midea strives to establish a technological advantage through teamwork and innovation.
Since being established in 1968, Midea has grown from what was once a local workshop into a leading consumer appliances and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems manufacturer, with operations around the world.Forty years of persistent growth has brought its global turnover to US$23 billion in 2014. Consequently, Midea has over 100,000 employees in China and throughout the world.
Midea believes in creating value through responding rapidly to market demands, cost-efficient operations and consumer satisfaction.
As a result, Midea wields a comprehensive product portfolio and vast production capacity to meet these demands. Midea’s integrated research and manufacturing process helps to enrich lifestyles worldwide through a distinct range of innovative, yet affordable products.
Today, Midea is a leading brand in China and a rising giant around the world. The company continues to globalize its operations with production bases in Vietnam, Belarus, Egypt, Brazil, Argentina, and India, to be followed by additional plants in some other countries. Midea is also expanding its distribution network in several countries to offer better services to local consumers in those locations.
Since Midea’s public listing in 1993, the company has maintained a record of uninterrupted profitable operation and dividends payments every year. Midea has accumulated dividends of Rmb19.1bn (roughly US$3bn) so far, of which Rmb13.8bn is in cash. The dividend payout was Rmb1.0/share in 2014.
Looking ahead, Midea persists with its strategy of taking the initiative to continue as a highly dynamic enterprise, with the goal of consistent growth that characterises a world class business. In parallel with its plans for expansion, Midea is also deeply devoted to its role as a responsible corporate citizen around the world.
Honors and Achievements:
▪ Largest heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) manufacturer in China.
▪ China's Biggest Home Appliances Brand (2015 Hurun Report)
▪ Ranks 32nd of China Top 500 Enterprises in 2015 concluded by Fortune
▪ Ranks 436th of 2015 Forbes Top 2000 Enterprises in the World
▪ Ranks 70th on China Enterprise 500 (China Enterprise Association)
▪ Top 100 China Green Enterprises (“China Entrepreneur” Magazine)
▪ No. 6 China Ranking on Most Valuable Brand 2011 (R&F Global Ranking)
▪ Midea placed at 17th in the BrandFinance® "China 100" ranking in 2010